The purpose of this treatment is to stimulate the lymphatic system, which eliminates waste and toxins in all cells of the body. We accomplish this in several ways:
- Dry body brushing which sloughs off dead skin cells
- Essential oils of juniper, grapefruit, and fennel which all have detoxification properties
- Massage which increases the movement of lymph throughout the body
1) Body Brushing
- With a dry body brush, start at the feet and lightly brush the entire body using long, smooth strokes, always toward the heart.
- HOME SPA : Same as above, but suggest having a long handled brush to be able to get the back of the body.
- Clean skin allows for better absorption of essential oils.
- Working quickly and always toward the heart, massage Amazing Grains lightly over entire body.
- Remove product with warm, wet towels.
- HOME SPA: Same as above.
- Provide full body massage using unscented massage oil mixed with Purifying Blend (use about 15-20 drops per ounce of massage oil).
- HOME SPA: Perform self-massage on legs, arms, abdomen, chest and neck using same massage oil blend as above.
- Place large, warm towels or muslin or wrap client in a large, heavy blanket for 15-20 minutes. The purpose is to keep client wrapped warmly and allow essential oils to penetrate.
- Provide face, neck and scalp massage and/or foot massage during wrap. Also allow the clients to relax on their own for about 5 minutes.
- HOME SPA: Wrap yourself up in a large blanket and relax for 15-20 minutes.
5) Steam Shower
Please follow and like us: